I got tagged with two memes on Facebook so did them there but figured I might as well re-post them here too.
Also, a quick book update. I’m now one chapter from finishing the first book in Twist of Faith (Avatar book 1) and, as expected, I love it 😀
Will continue reading tonight, after I finish re-arranging my bookshelves. I have that re-arrange itch again and I hope to satisfy it with some (for me minor) bookshelf re-arranging instead of going all out and trying to re-arrange all the furniture again. Which I know won’t work any other way than it is now unless I really start taking apart pieces of furniture and I’m not that far gone 😀 So far so good.
Now, on to the memes.
1. The Howling of the Jin
Paul, who tagged me, says he cheated: “OK, here’s the meme that everyone seems to be doing tonight. But I’ll admit cheating right up front – the first time I did it, only 3 answers were funny. So I did it three more times and took the best answers from each. But the results make it worthwhile, I think….”
so I promptly followed suit and did it three times to pick out the best answers. Cuz, come on, this sorta thing needs to at least give a chuckle here or there, no? I ended up picking mostly the first choices though 😀
– Put your iTunes (or whatever) on shuffle.
– For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
– Write that song name down. No cheating.
– Tag some friends – including me!
1. If someone asks: “are you okay?” You answer:
2. How would you describe yourself?
Time to Burn
3. What do you like in a guy/girl?
Bleed it Out
4. How do you feel today?
5. What is your life’s purpose?
6. What’s your motto?
7. What do your friends think of you?
Stap voor Stap (Step by Step)
8. What do you parents think of you?
Move Your Body
9. What do you think about very often?
End of the World
10. What is 2+2?
11. What do you think of your best friend?
De Speeltuin (The Playground)
12. What is your life story?
Blue Burns Orange
13. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Mr. E’s Beautiful Blues
14. What do you think when you see the person you like?
Never Trust a Klingon
15. What will you dance to at your wedding?
16. What will they play at your funeral?
Born to Run
17. What is your hobby/interest?
18. What is your biggest fear?
19. What is your biggest secret?
Get Over It
20. What do you want right now?
Hollerin’ for Haggis
21. What do you think of your friends?
If You had My Love
22. What will you post this as?
The Howling of the Jinn
2. 25 Things
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things (facts, habits, goals, whatevers) about you.
1. I love cheese dipped in chocolate sauce.
2. I am a major Trekkie, to the core of my being 😀
3. I kinda want to be Daniel Jackson (Stargate SG-1) I already have the archaeology BA…
4. In the age old question of whether you would rather go deaf or go blind, I’d go deaf. I cannot live with not being able to read. I know there’s braille and audio books but it’s not the same.
5. I play the bagpipe, recorder and tin whistle. I still want to learn how to play the piano but need a) a piano and b) the space to put it, first.
6. I’m a grammar geek. I can’t help myself but correct people when I see a mistake in something they wrote. Grammar mistakes on the internet (on facebook most notably in those flair apps) annoy the hell out of me. Specifically: its vs. it’s and the their/there/theyre thing. Also, then vs. than.
7. I would like to take the TOEFL sometime in the near future, maybe this year, maybe next.
8. I studied in Leicester (UK) for a semester while doing archaeology, it was awesome.
9. I’ve traveled outside my own country but not nearly enough to my taste. I still want to go to: Australia, New Zealand, Japan, India, Russia, Greece, Italy, Spain, Norway, Iceland, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, USA, Canada and Mexico.
10. I love museums. When we had CKV (cultural education) in school and had to go to a number of cultural things, I chose to go to museums while most of the other kids chose to go those art films and music things. Not that I didn’t also do that 😀 (a film from Tibet and the opera Carmen)
11. I like cooking a lot but sorely miss an oven 🙁
And just a few hours after I posted the shiny red tabletop oven I’d ordered was delivered 😀
12. I talk to myself a lot. I think it’s a side effect of having no siblings and a very active imagination.
13. In regards to that imagination, I had lots of invisible friends when I was a kid. Even a whole invisible family. We lived on a horse farm in Southern France, it was much fun 😀
14. I have no siblings but a very large extended family seeing as how mom has 3 siblings and dad had 9 and many of these have children and grandchildren of their own.
15. I don’t watch TV a lot, but when I do it’s mostly Discovery Channel and National Geographic and such. I watch TV-series too (mostly sci-fi & fantasy stuff) but prefer to do that on DVD or my computer.
16. I love strawberries.
17. I have a cat, a large black-and-white cuddle monster. Monet was his name at the shelter and I kinda liked that so instead of renaming him Gibbs (after the NCIS character) as I planned, I just added to his name and it became Jethro Venantius Monet 😀 But I call him Monkey, which is a name that suits him just fine.
18. I once shaved my head nearly bald just because I’d never done it before 😀 It was fun.
19. I want to get a tattoo in the near future, just need to shape the idea of what I want a bit more.
20. My favourite colours are black, red and purple.
21. I love taking pictures, when I go someplace, nine out of ten times I’ll have my camera with me.
22. My favourite books are Dan Simmon’s Hyperion and Endymion books as well as Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series.
23. I have the most amazing brown thumbs, it’s very hard for me to keep plants alive because I constantly forget to water them. The only real plants I have are a cactus and a bamboo stick… The rest are (good-looking) fakes.
24. I can’t wear white clothes because I’ll invariably spill something on it not five minutes into wearing it.
25.I like to play board games but no-one ever wants to play… So my pile of games goes largely unused 🙁