(The List can be found on the page above marked 101 in 1001. That’s also the one that’ll be updated as I complete things.)
A friend of mine started one of these a while back and it intrigued me back then but I never got around to doing anything with it. When she approached me, among others, a few days ago with a request relating to one of the items on her list, I got re-intrigued 😀
So I looked it up, at Day Zero Project, and decided to create my own list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. It took me a few days to make the list, but it’s complete now.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of work on your part).
My startdate is May 15, 2010
My enddate is February 9, 2013
I wanted to make the list start today, but something already got done yesterday. Might have been slightly cheating as I didn’t think to include it after it had been done, but I still find it something that I want to include, so I shall try if I can get it done again.
I will be posting an update on this list at least every three months (as per my item #100), but probably a bit more often as I complete things. When I do, this master list will be updated to show what’s been done and when, and will link to the relevant LJ post.
Also, when I finish #36, which should be this week or next, there will be a pretty icon for the 101 posts as well.
Without further ado, here’s the list, conveniently divided into categories:
1. Finish transforming the attic from mess into usable space.
2. Finish the garden (tile the part in front of the window, put up a privacy fence between me and neighbour, get a picket fence at front, create a proper flower/rock garden in front of the privacy fence and get a nice looking piece of lawn in between the tiled area and the garden)
3. Sort my finances, goal is to be in order by the end of 2010.
4. Start saving, goal is to set up automated savings by the end of 2010.
5. Build a counter-like thing in the kitchen to make better use of the space.
. Loose weight, I’m not setting a specific goal here, just that the line ever goes down.
7. Move more, start with cycling at least once a week, building up over the summer.
8. Cook properly at least once a week.
9. Spend a day in silence, and without the common technologies (internet, tv etc…)
10. Identify something I’m grateful for, something that made me happy, something that made me angry or sad and something I learned each week.
Arts & Crafts
11. Complete NaNoWriMo
12. Enter (and hopefully win 😀 ) a writing contest.
13. Get back to playing the bagpipe, probably after accomplishing #88 & #89.
14. Do a photoshoot of my parents.
15. Do a Picture-a-Day series in 2011, doesn’t matter what, just one photo a day of something that piques my interest, except one shot of myself a month. Afterwards, make it into a little photobook.
16. Finish scrapping 2008 and 2009 in 2010. Then scrap 2010 in 2011 and try to stay up to date with scrapping 2011 itself so when 2012 comes around, finishing it should not take more than a month or so before sending it off to the printer.
17. Get a new moleskine and actually fill it with sketches.
18. Write fiction at least once a week.
19. Learn to properly sew with a sewing machine and then learn to make clothes.
20. Make my own holiday cards for at least the closest friends and family.
21. Do a self-portrait shoot in various forms and locations.
22. Finish that scarf I started knitting 😀
23. Participate in at least five 26 Things projects from http://sh1ft.org/projects. (0/5)
24. Create that big painting I’ve been planning/thinking about for ages.
25. Buy a pretty colouring book and finish it. Try to do this as neatly as possible too (my fine motor skills could do with some training).
26. Read 8 currently owned but unread books per year (5 for 2010), where owned but unread is being defined as books I’ve had for longer than 6 months. <2010 read: 2/5, 2011: 0/8, 2012: 0/8>
27. Read 4 owned but unread non-fiction books per year. (2010: 0/4, 2011: 0/4, 2012: 0/4)
28. Over the summer of 2010, get caught up with the various, currently airing, tv shows so when the new seasons start I’m up to date.
29. Watch 26 movies I’ve never seen before starting with each letter of the alphabet. (0/26)
30. Read a poem each day for a month.
31. Watch 2 owned but unwatched DVDs per month until I have actually seen every DVD I own.
32. Get my geek cred up higher and watch all six Star Wars movies. (0/6)
33. Post reviews of the books and movies I read/watch on my LJ at least once every 2 months.
34. Finish S4 of (new) Doctor Who.
35. Reread my entire Suske & Wiske comic collection.
36. Create new icons for my livejournal from my own photos and/or graphics.
37. Update LiveJournal at least twice a month outside update posts on the booklist, this 101 list in general or number 10 on this list.
38. Update Photo Blog at least once a week.
39. Sort and file my GMail inbox.
40. Find a better way to manage all my logins.
41. Get a new theme for the Photo Blog.
42. Learn how to make themes for WordPress.
43. Finish scanning in and editing the old photos I have around. Get at least the B&W ones done.
44. Keep my bookmarks sorted, sort new additions into the current folder structure at least once a month.
45. Get a new mood theme for the LiveJournal.
World of Warcraft
46. Level Yathra to 80 before Cataclysm.
47. Level all my current <80 toons (5) plus the Worgen I’m going to roll once Cataclysm comes out to 80.
48. Try getting into the Cataclysm Beta. This one isn’t really in my hands, I’ve filled out the opt-in thing, now to wait and see if I get picked.
49. Down the Lich King with Asraelion.
50. Get Cataclysm in pre-order 😀
51. Go to the Zoo! I’ve not been since I was a kid.
52. See another opera, a play (preferably Shakespeare) and a ballet.
53. Go to Castlefest and, starting in 2011, to more of these things.
54. Visit at least 3 museums or other type of exhibitions a year, no matter how large or small.
55. Bicycle Road Trip! Go out and about with bike, mini tent and sleeping bag for a weekend or so.
56. Go abroad on a holiday.
57. Visit the UK family again.
58. Visit all of the twelve provinces.
59. Go to Madame Tussaud’s.
60. Go to Madurodam.
61. Shave my head again.
62. Try postcrossing.com.
63. Send random cards to friends and family.
64. Join a (board)game club or a D&D group.
65. Make a list of 100 things that make me happy, in no particular order.
66. Tie 5 notes to 5 balloons and let them go.
67. Put 3 notes in 3 bottles and set them adrift.
68. Toss all countries in a hat and pick 10. Read up on that country (either via a book or the internet) and discover (through watching/listening/reading) an artist, musician and author from each country.
69. Buy a few basic t-shirts and decorate them myself.
70. Get a top hat.
71. Learn a programming language to such an extent that I can produce functional code on my own.
72. Learn some balfolk dances.
73. Once #84 comes around, take a photography class.
74. Learn some more basic star-gazing related astronomy so I can identify more star signs than just Orion, Ursa Major, Andromeda and that tiny cluster whose name I forgot.
75. Learn CSS and update my HTML knowledge.
76. Watch a sunrise and a sunset from start to finish. (0/2)
77. Collect rocks of varying sizes for my garden and the small flowerpot.
78. Spend an afternoon cloud gazing. Take pictures and note what I see.
79. Sleep under the stars.
80. Get soaking wet in a big rain storm.
81. Sell the books I’ve read and don’t like enough, this will mostly be from my classics pile (prime example once I finally manage to chew through it, Jane Austen’s Emma).
82. Try to get my Star Trek dvd collection complete (TOS 1-2, TNG 1-7, DS9 4&6, VGR 1-7, remaining movies).
83. Sell the dvd’s I’ve watched and don’t like enough (Heroes for example).
84. Get a fancy DSLR camera and tripod.
85. Get a pair of proper high boots that fit properly around my larger than normal calves (probably from duoboots.nl)
86. Actually use my Public transport chip card, will have to learn/do this sooner or later anyway :/
87. Finally pay a visit to that cute little gift shop thingy in my town.
88. Get my driver’s license.
89. Get a car.
90. Inspire someone else to create a 101 list.
91. Get my tattoo.
92. Research opening a book store.
93. Sort my clothes.
94. Re-join the GreenLeft political party in 2011.
95. Replace my current phone with a fancier smartphone when my current contract is up.
96. Try 5 different cocktails. (0/5)
97. Create a staff from that long branch I have.
98. Once #89 happens, decorate the car.
99. Subscribe to a magazine.
100. Review this list every three months. Mark what has been done and post about it on LiveJournal. This way I stay accountable.
101. Make a new list in the week before the time period for this one is up.