The first 7,5 months of my 101 in 1001 project are over, time to balance things and see, so far, what’s been accomplished, what got fucked up and what is in progress.
- 4. Start automated savings.
- 10. Identify something I’m grateful for, something that made me happy, something that made me angry or sad and something I learned each week.
- 36. Create new icons for the LJ from my own graphics/photos.
- 37. Update the blog at least twice a month outside update posts on the book list, this list or the weekly four.
- 41. Get a new theme for the blog.
- 44. Get a new mood theme for the LJ.
- 46. Attend BlizzCon. I’m never gonna be able to physically go within the time frame of this list, so I’m opting for a virtual ticket.
- 47. Get Cataclysm in pre-order.
- 50. Go to Castlefest 2010, and more of these things in the years after.
- 72. Sleep under the stars.
- 91. Inspire someone else to create a 101 list.
- 96. Replace my current phone with a fancier smartphone when my current contract is up.
On the whole not very many things finished. This is partly because quite a good number of goals are long(er) term ones so they end up being In Progress for quite a while. Also, I’ve not been actively working on the list for the last two or three months due to being otherwise occupied and, especially in November, being down and not interested in doing much about it.
The blog things done were pretty easy, but some of it (the LJ related stuff) turned out to be pointless only days after doing them 😀
Things in Progress:
- 1. Finish transforming the attic from mess into usable space. Working on it, about halfway done with this.
- 2. Finish the garden. Working on it? The plans are made, it’s just a matter of waiting for the right season to do things.
- 6. Loose weight, not a specific goal for a specific date, I have a number in my head but don’t wanna pin that to a date, as long as it doesn’t go up. This is going very well.
- 15. Do a Picture-a-Day series in 2011, doesn’t matter what, just one photo a day of something that piques my interest, except one shot of myself a month. Afterwards, make it into a little photobook. Started!
- 25. Buy a pretty colouring book and finish it. Try to do this as neatly as possible too (my fine motor skills could do with some training). Working on it. Turns out I already have some pretty colouring books, about ancient Rome and Egypt and such. I started with the Rome one, but am taking this slowly.
- 26. Read 8 currently owned but unread books per year (4 for 2010), where owned but unread is being defined as books I’ve had for 6 months or more and still haven’t read. Working on it
- 28. Get caught up with the various tv shows I watch/have always wanted to watch. Working on it.
- 29. Watch 26 movies I’ve never seen before starting with each letter of the alphabet (new releases in the cinema don’t count). Working on it.
- 31. Watch 2 owned but unwatched DVDs per month until I have actually seen every DVD I own. This can nicely be combined with the alphabet thing . Working on it: Juno, The Merchant of Venice, A Christmas Carol.
- 33. Post reviews of the books and movies I read/watch on my LJ at least once every 2 months. Working on it, not yet considering it done, since I don’t always feel in the mood to review. It hasn’t become a habit yet.
- 38. Pay back the parents for the laptop. Working on it.
- 39. Sort and file my GMail inbox. Working on it.
- 40. Find a better way to manage all my logins and stuff. Working on it.
- 43. Sort my bookmarks, and sort additional ones on a monthly basis. Working on it.
- 45. Level all my current WoW toons plus the Worgen to 80. Working on it.
- 51. Visit at least 3 museums or other type of exhibition or cultural event a year, no matter how large or small. Working on it.
- 60. Send random cards to friends and family. Working on it. I’ve collected pretty cards
- 62. Make a list of 100 things that make me happy, in no particular order. Taking this slow. Working on it.
- 92. Get my tattoo. Working on it. Design/Idea has been 90% finalized. Now to find a tattoo artist.
The attic has turned into the Land of the Forgotten as autumn became winter. It’s too cold up there now to be there for any decent stretch of time. Plus, with it being dark early, the little light I have up there is insufficient. Will finish that probably around March or so, when spring is coming and Daylight Savings is back on. Same goes for the garden, the tiling I want to do will have to wait until the ground is no longer frozen.
Weight loss is going great. I’ve lost 16 kilos (35.2 lbs) since June, yay me! The rest are more long term things that are in progress, but I can’t really mark them as done until either all has been read/seen/written/done or it has become a habit.
Things That Did Not Quite Go as Planned:
- 16. Finish scrapping 2008 in 2010. Then scrap 2009 and 2010 in 2011, and 2011 in 2012 while trying to stay up to date with scrapping 2012 itself so when 2013 comes around, finishing it should not take more than a month or so before sending it off to the printer.
- 27. Read 4 owned but unread non-fiction books per year (2 for 2010).
Failed at scrapping. Not done yet with 2008, in fact I still have about a third of the year to do :S I strive to get that done as soon as possible in this year, so I can at least try my hardest to get the rest done according to plan. I will probably use a lot of templates and stuff for either 2009 or 2010. Probably 2010 as there were less standout things that need their own pages, and more Life-in-General pics.
The reading of non-fiction was a total failure this year. I tried, halfheartedly, to read a couple quick ones, just for the list, but that didn’t work. However, I’m determined to do better next year. After all, I have so many non-fiction books too, reading some of ’em should not be that hard 😀